Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Never take me for granted


The SPS took me out to work cows on Monday. I was not amused to be taken away from the pretty mare that lives in the pasture across the alley from me. In fact I was down right cross about it. To top it of when the SPS got me to the arena to warm up and get ready to ride she just took for granted that I would conduct myself in the gentlemanly royal manner that is my usual nature...well that was not going to be tolerated. I am one royal horse that will not stand being taken for granted! I threw a royal fit. I hopped, I bucked, I ignored her, and I even threatened to run away, I acted unridable and scary . I made sure that the SPS understood that she needed to not assume that I would always behave. She needed to learn that I have many facets and to be prepared for the horse that shows up each day, not the horse that she assumes will be showing up. I am pretty sure she learned her lesson.
Tue ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito (Yield not to misfortunes, but advance all the more boldly against them)

No comments:

Post a Comment