Friday, February 26, 2010

A path less traveled


My SPS took me out for something she calls a trail ride. I think a more appropriate name would be "walking through weeds on poorly maintained ground". Basically she took me to the wild areas of this rural area and made me walk around for no apparent reason. She kept talking about how much fun it was to be out there, well servants and peasants are easily amused. She did take the precaution of bringing one of the peasant horses along. His job was to walk in the lead and to sacrifice himself if any predators crossed our path. Fortunately we saw no predators and the peasant horse will be available for our next ride.
I am not sure how I feel about this trail riding activity. The ground is rough, there are weeds, four legged creatures roam freely, and there are not masses of humans to see how good I look. I was most appreciative to get fresh air. The pasture where I am residing has horrendous stench in the air. The stench is caused by the dairy next door. They are spreading the contents of the waste lagoon onto their pastures, needless to say my nose is offended. I have resigned myself to living with the odoriferous odor, however I truly appreciate any kind of opportunity to breathe fresh air-even if it means riding in a trailer with a peasant and wondering aimlessly in the wild areas of the valley.
Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito (Yield not to misfortunes, but advance all the more boldly against them)

No comments:

Post a Comment